I was always liked the “Man of The Year” mirror from The Big Lebowski. I found one on Amazon for ~$50! I realized I could probably make one for a couple of dollars (or ‘bones’ or ‘clams’ or whatever you call them). Granted, it probably isn’t a good as the expensive one, it is cheap and “good enough” as an art piece, though not as great as an actual mirror.
Materials: Color printer, transparencies, a cheap 8×10 mirror (I got mine at a dollar store) and an 8×10 picture frame. Tape and scissors recommended.
- First get the template image from here (or if that doesn’t work, here). Also note, this image is sized for an 8×10″ printed on an 8.5×11″ sheet.
- Print this out on a transparency (I recommend flipping the image horizontally in Paint so when you print the picture it will look glossy).
- Next remove the mirror from whatever crappy frame it is in.
- Cut the image to fit the mirror and frame.
- Lastly place the transparency and mirror in the picture frame and close it up. You may need to tape the transparency to the mirror.
Note: For best results, clean the mirror, transparency, and glass from the picture frame before assembly.
EDIT: Because this seems to be the most popular thing on my blag, I have decided to post my completed mirror. I haven’t done so because I was too lazy to rummage through my closet to find my camera.